I have been representing business clients for 22 years, since graduating from Hastings College of the Law in 1989. I assist small businesses with mergers, sales and acquisitions of family and closely held companies, and can assist with the formation of limited liability companies, C-corporation and S-corporations. Among the types of matters I have (mostly) recently assisted clients with include the following:
- Sale of family owned, multi-site commercial lumber and building supply company to acquiring entity.
- Formation of new California limited liability company and reverse merger of existing ISP into new entity.
- Financing of documentary film through California limited liability company. (Preparation of “Reg-D” Private Placement Memorandum.)
- Disposition of extended ground lease in Stanford Research Park.
- Negotiation and documentation of private label reseller/licensing agreement.
- Formation and licensing of multi-state real estate brokerage under Montana law.
- Purchase and sale of fast food franchise business.
- Disposition of family owned commercial real estate portfolio.
- “Dutch auction” of 10 million shares of publicly traded stock (1990)(PerkinElmer, Inc.)
- Preparation of “employee handbook” in order to comply with changing labor regulations
- Successful reorganization of debt structure of c-corporation through Chapter 11 Plan of Reorganization
If you have a business opportunity–or challenge–I may be able to assist.